At Northside Animal Hospital, our experienced, caring team provides quality pet surgery for Columbus and surrounding communities. We closely monitor pets with our state-of-the-art equipment before, during and after any surgical procedure. If we have any reason to think anesthesia will not sit well with your fur-baby, we have in-house laboratory capabilities to run complete anesthetic bloodwork beforehand. Our doctors are experienced in many types of pet surgery and we’ll send you home with detailed after-care instructions.
Thing We Treat with Pet Surgery
We have a long history of treating pets in the Columbus and Fort Benning areas. We boost over 40 years of service and our experienced team of doctors are skilled in treating many types of medical conditions through surgery.
Some of the things we treat through surgery include:
- Abscess teeth
- Cancerous skin masses, which can be benign or malignant
- Bladder stones
- Skin wounds
- Torn ligaments or cartilage
- Cancer in various organs
How to Care for Your Pet Afterwards
We take preemptive pain measures before any surgery at out animal hospital. We want your pet to be as comfortable and pain-free as possible, and we’ll stay with your loved one as they come out of anesthesia. Besides giving your pet the appropriate medications at home, there are some things you can do as loving pet owner afterwards, and they include:
- Make sure your pet is receiving adequate nutrition. We can counsel you on what food is best for your pet and recommend supplements.
- Give your pet a comfortable, quiet place to rest for 24 hours.
- Refrain from giving your pet a bath for 10 days.
- Check incision sites daily and watch for any unusual redness, swelling or discharge.
- Keep your pet from chewing or licking incisions by distracting them with treats or using a medical collar.
- Keep your pet from running or jumping for two weeks.
- Give your pet lots of attention and TLC!
Please contact us for more information on pet surgery. We’re here for the pets and people of Columbus. Walk right in, because we’re always fully staffed and no appointment is needed.